Lawsuits for falsyfying DNS responses ?

Jean-Francois Mezei jfmezei_nanog at vaxination.ca
Fri Sep 16 00:07:49 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-15 16:03, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Please explain to me how one modifies a request or response without
> managing to “control the content” or “influence the meaning or purpose”?
>
> Blocking a request or simply failing to answer MIGHT be within the law,
> but returning a false record certainly seems to me that it would run afoul
> of the law cited.

Blocking would also be a form of control.  Because Section 36 has a
"unless authorized by CRTC" escape clause, one has to show to the CRTC
that granting permission would be bad.

Since court proceedings have already begun, it is likely the CRTC will
be involved in court, at which point, the more evidence they have, the
more chances they have of arguing against the QC loterry censorship.