charges for prefix filter updates (was Re: Any ISPs using AS852 for IP Transit?)

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu Sep 15 18:48:05 UTC 2016

On 9/15/16 11:28 AM, Ken Chase wrote:
> I feel this can be a public topic:
>
> Rogers just charged us that for an update (one update, multiple entries).
> We had to go through their quotation machinery too, took like 4-5 days. Additional
> time was wasted because we contacted their tech dept directly at the start. (which
> is what I do for all my other upstreams...)
>
> Kinda brutal.
Coordination problems are a point of high friction and cost for low
margin products. I generally prefer that my providers be able to
generate prefix filters on the basis of route objects, If it's not part
of their service offering; how costs are assigned for service requests
is going to be part of contract negotiions.

joel