Outdoor ADSL2+/VDSL/G.Fast NIU

Jeremy Malli jeremy at vcn.com
Fri Sep 2 16:24:44 UTC 2016

I'm hoping somebody on the list has a recommendation for an outdoor ADSL2+/VDSL/G.Fast NIU.  Been doing so some research into this and have come up empty so far.

My thinking is that by housing the DSL CPE outside the residence in an enclosure we can reduce the issues with IW (since we would only need a small jumper from the LEC handoff to the NIU) and also gain access to the DSL CPE remotely for management and troubleshooting.  We would then hand off ethernet to the customer using existing wiring or running cat5.

Interested in how this problem may have already been addressed in the provider community.

Thanks,

Jeremy Malli

jeremy at vcn.com