Another day, another illicit SQUAT - WebNX (AS18450) 103.11.67.0/24

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sat Oct 29 19:02:40 UTC 2016

In message <58146E84.3030000 at foobar.org>,
Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:

>> P.S.  I may be wrong about this, but it has come to my attention that
>> many, most, or all of the WHOIS records reflecting allocations made by
>> the AFRINIC RIR are utterly devoid of either (a) information specifying
>> the dates on which the relevant allocations were made or (b) email
>> contact addresses for the relevant number resource registrants.
>
>Works fine for me.  Did you use the "-B" flag when querying the Afrinic
>irrdb?

I wasn't talking about irrdb.  I was just talking about the WHOIS records
for IPv4 allocations within the AFRINIC region.

Anyway, yes, I do believe that  used the -B flag.  But nontheless, I
really did see some AFRINIC WHOIS records that had -no- email contacts,
nor any date information.

I will have to try to see if I can dredge those out again.

But my overall point remains.  If there were ever to be an election where
we were all asked who we wanted to see become the once and future Routing
Police, the RIRs would not be my own personal first choice.

Regards,
rfg