Death of the Internet, Film at 11

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 21:14:38 UTC 2016

> On Oct 23, 2016, at 16:26, bzs at TheWorld.com wrote:
>

> I'm not sure who you mean when you say "people". My reference was to
> manufacturers of IoT devices only.

The users are not going to be able to help. You're right, it's all about the manufacturers. If you can remove or reduce profits enough where it matters, it will help tremendously.

I spent an hour looking through the IEEE standards RA pattern searching mac addrs thinking about mitigation techniques and doing random lookups of the registrants.

These attacks are the canary in the coal mine in terms of what is probably coming.

Best,

-M<