MPLS in the campus Network?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Oct 21 16:44:38 UTC 2016

On 21/Oct/16 16:19, Marian Ďurkovič wrote:

> Much easier to setup, operate & maintain than MPLS and obviously much
> lower cost. Based on 6-months production experience, my recommendation
> would be to stay away from MPLS in the campus.

I'd be curious to hear what MPLS-specific issues you faced in the 6
months you had to operate such a network.

Been running IP/MPLS Core, Edge and Access networks for over 15 years,
and apart from bugs which affect any protocol or feature implementation,
I can't say it has been a nightmare to operate to the point of not
recommending it.

I have far fewer words to say about STP, although - I'll admit - I've
never run TRILL.

Mark.