Two BGP peering sessions on single Comcast Fiber Connection?

rar rar at syssrc.com
Thu Oct 13 17:48:18 UTC 2016

After a many month wait, we were ready to turn up our BGP peering sessions on a new Comcast fiber connection.

With our other providers (Level 3 and Verizon) we have edge routers that directly connect between the provider's on premise connection and our primary and a backup core routers.  Each core router has a multihop BGP session with the provider's BGP router.  The goal is to keep the single BGP router from being a single point of failure.

Comcast said they could not support two separate BGP peering sessions on the same circuit.  Does anyone have any counter examples?  We used to have this setup with Comcast 5+ years ago, but now they say they can't support it.

Bob Roswell
broswell at syssrc.com<mailto:broswell at syssrc.com>
410-771-5544 ext 4336

Computer Museum Highlights<http://museum.syssrc.com/>