INFORM: Web-Based Speed Test Hackathon - Princeton, NJ in November

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at comcast.com
Wed Oct 12 20:38:12 UTC 2016

May be of interest to folks on this list…

Comcast is developing a new open source web-based speed test – see http://labs.comcast.com/beta-testing-a-new-open-source-speed-test. ISPs, academic researchers, and others will likely be interested in using this rather than older tools. One goal is to make it easy for any organization to customize it for their use and UI, and we’ll soon find a neutral non-Comcast home for the code. To kick this off we are sponsoring a hackathon at Princeton University in November (the 3rd and 4th).

Anyone can participate – though participants should preferably be developers or have development skills (the code is written in Node.JS with some Angular components for the UI).

All details at https://citp.princeton.edu/event/speedtest-hackathon/ and we’re asking folks to click the RSVP link at the top to register ASAP.

Regards,

Jason Livingood
Comcast