IoT security, was Krebs on Security booted off Akamai network

bzs at TheWorld.com bzs at TheWorld.com
Sun Oct 9 20:47:30 UTC 2016

On October 9, 2016 at 20:24 mel at beckman.org (Mel Beckman) wrote:
 > You might as well wish for fingerprint readers. It's not going to happen, and thus can't be remedied. But there are already acceptable COTS solutions that need no special hardware.  IoT vendors simply have to use them.

Ok, let them go for that, or not.

But I well remember proposed spam mitigations back in 2000 being just
as forcefully shot down because IT WOULD TAKE A DECADE TO IMPLEMENT
THAT!!!

That was 16 years ago.

It's a dumb sort of thing to waste people's time posting, whether it's
attractive or not will stand on its own merits and not someone arguing
that in their opinion (based on who knows what) market penetration is
insurmountable.

And many smart phones do have fingerprint readers and have for a few
years now, so do quite a few keyboards. My trackpad on my 4 year old
laptop has one (Aspire 8930G.)

Your point is several years too late already.

--
        -Barry Shein