Level 3 voice outage

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Wed Oct 5 18:24:48 UTC 2016

It’s good to see them acknowledging this.

 -mel

On Oct 5, 2016, at 10:10 AM, Gareth Tupper <Gareth.Tupper at warnerpacific.com<mailto:Gareth.Tupper at warnerpacific.com>> wrote:

Looks like a fat finger event...

From Level 3:
"On October 4, our voice network experienced a service disruption affecting some of our customers in North America due to a configuration error. We know how important these services are to our customers. As an organization, we're putting processes in place to prevent issues like this from recurring in the future. We were able to restore all services by 9:31am Mountain time."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/10/05/level3_voip_blackout_cause/