Legislative proposal sent to my Congressman

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Oct 3 20:39:58 UTC 2016

In article <alpine.BSF.2.20.1610031257490.94184 at orthanc.ca> you write:
>> But that does not remove those devices from the network.
>
>That ship has sailed.

This is where device profiles could help.  If enough devices register
profiles with the local router, at some point the router's default
could be closed, so devices with no profile can't talk to the outside.

For a lot of devices like lightbulbs, that would probably make no
difference at all.  It would mean you couldn't remotely monitor your
five year old CCTV camera unless you take in the camera for an upgrade
or replace it, but I can't get too upset about that.

R's,
John