Comcast business IPv6 vs rbldnsd & PSBL

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Tue Nov 29 18:28:44 UTC 2016

I concur with the kudos bit, but I'll also concur that the CPE support
appears to be limited. Another example: IPv6 prefix delegation is broken
on the SMCD3G-CCR, and according to the following threads:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/nsp/ipv6/54761 (scroll down to the
IPv6 OPERATIONS - BUSINESS section)

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/IPV6/Dual-Stack-on-SMC-D3GCCR-and-Cisco-DPC3939B/td-p/20504

... others have the same issue and there isn't much of an incentive to
fix it.

When I asked if I could use my own CPE, I was told no, because I'm a
"business customer", which is a requirement if you want static v4 IPs.

Anyone have any success with a different model CPE and Comcast v6? I
love that they hand out a /56 by default, but it's not of much use if I
can only use a single /64.

			- bryan