CGNAT - Seeking Real World Experience

Stepan Kucherenko twh at megagroup.ru
Fri Nov 25 08:18:55 UTC 2016

Don't try detereministic NAT, it's not worth it. You'll waste a lot of
port capacity on most users, and it might still be problematic for power
users.

Just try to match one user to one real IP, many sites/applications don't
like when there are several requests from one user with different IPs.
After that just stack as many users on one IP as you can and that's it.
It's the only way CGN can be worth the trouble.

If you really need to know who was using which port, just log them and
correlate them when/if the need arises.