Port 2323/tcp

Otto Monnig omonnig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:12:50 UTC 2016

We’ve been monitoring/logging/blocking ports 23 and 2323 at our site for the past several weeks, after remediating a 60-75 Mbps attack on a 100 Mbps fiber feed.

On port 23, we have accumulated 377,319 different IP addresses hitting our systems.  For port 2323, 42,913 different IP addresses.

The addresses are widely distributed, making aggregation nearly impossible.

Below is a list of offending subnets, ranked by number of offenders (powers of 2), sorry for the length.

14.0.0.0/8	16384
78.0.0.0/8	8192
113.0.0.0/8	8192
117.0.0.0/8	8192