OSPF vs ISIS - Which do you prefer & why?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Nov 11 05:52:43 UTC 2016

On 11/Nov/16 02:33, Josh Reynolds wrote:

> My first post said the following:
>
> "Vendor support for IS-IS is quite limited - many options for OSPF."

Again, the only one I know that struggles is Quagga.

But I've not heard any reports from anyone running Brocade, Nokia (ALU),
Huawei, e.t.c. that IS-IS doesn't work or is quite limited.

I can say both Cisco and Juniper have no issues at all in this area.

Arista are young in the routing space, but I am confident their
implementations will be up to par soon (if they aren't already).

Mark.