OSPF vs ISIS - Which do you prefer & why?

Charles van Niman charles at phukish.com
Fri Nov 11 00:24:19 UTC 2016

Your original point was that a list of vendors "didn't get IS-IS" but
provided no details about what you are talking about. As far as all
the documentation I have read, and some of the documentation you
linked to, it works just fine on quite a few vendors, and a few people
on this list. Your original point mentions nothing about wider OSPF
adoption, which you seem to have shifted to to deflect having to
provide any actual details.

Are we to assume that your original point was incorrect? As far as the
landscape as a whole, I have seen quite a few networks that get by
with either protocol just fine, the use-case for a given network is
not such a broad landscape, so I think "use the right tool for the
job" seems very apt, and that you can't just say that only two
protocols are suitable for all jobs.

/Charles