OT: "Read Receipts"

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Thu Nov 10 01:03:36 UTC 2016

I avoided the other off charter bait, but this is a red dot to me.

On 11/6/2016 19:59, Patrick wrote:
> Over at Language Hat, they are trying to establish the common
> pronunciation of "read receipts" [1]
>
> To me, they've always just been "DSNs" or "MDNs", however, according to
> rfc2298, their history goes back further.
>
> Of those who lived that history, and actually heard or said "read
> receipts", did you pronounce "read" as "reed" or as "red"?

I always pronounce them "More danged spam leaking thru the filters" but
when I test-read (red) the question, R E A D came out "read (reed)".

The burning questions we have to deal with these days,
--
"Everybody is a genius.  But if you judge a fish by
its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole

--Albert Einstein

 From Larry's Cox account.