FlowSpec Support

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Sat May 28 23:47:27 UTC 2016

I read that discussion (and several others going back about two or three years) before I posted this.

As an occasional OP on here, I've noticed I get a lot of off-list responses so I obviously wouldn't have seen any of those from other people's threads.

I didn't take that observation away from that thread, but maybe I'm dense. ;-) I know it was suggested that they wanted to bill for that sued capacity, but that was debunked. I know DDoS services were mentioned, but I didn't see a clear line drawn to that's why it isn't happening... nor confirmed.

Also, what's big? Listed on the Baker's Dozen? Wide-spread POPs on six continents? Showing up on 50 IXPs? 1k IPv4 adjacencies?

A medium sized network that does FlowSpec could be vastly more useful to you than a large network that doesn't.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com