Network traffic simulator

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Wed May 25 20:34:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

This depends very much on which Ixia product you're using. In IxExplorer and IxNetwork require a lot of manual labor when setting up a test. IxLoad has a little less, but still. It is important to realize that most of the tests can be automated using TCL scripts. The company I'm currently with has an entire team doing nothing but test automation using Ixia TCL.

Before the N2X acquisition by Ixia, I used both when I was still at Redback Networks. For access related test cases I found both of them to be equally suitable, with a slight preference towards IxNetwork because of their more intuitive gui.

And pricing... yes, test gear is very expensive. But I guess that's because the market is pretty much dominated by Ixia and Spirent these days.

Thanks,

Sabri