Network traffic simulator

Jason Lixfeld jason+nanog at lixfeld.ca
Tue May 24 20:31:11 UTC 2016

I’m in the process of building a box using MoonGen [1] and a supported Intel 82599 6 port SFP+ NIC [2] that is coming in at just under US$3800 all-in.  Supposed to be able to drive at least the entire card at line rate for that price and have enough CPU and memory slots free to fill the box up with as many of these NICs as it will take if need be.

[1] https://github.com/emmericp/MoonGen
[2] http://www.interfacemasters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=153&Itemid=103