Question on peering strategies

Marty Strong marty at cloudflare.com
Mon May 23 18:19:03 UTC 2016

The usefulness of an elastic fabric as far as I can see it are:

- Can give you a private VLAN to some *cloud* providers that provide direct access to them in some other fashion than peering (assumedly for enterprises)
- Is spread across multiple buildings across a metro area
- Is elastic so can be divided between different services for different time periods

In a traditional peering sense it doesn’t really offer much value.

Just my two pence.

Regards,
Marty Strong
CloudFlare - AS13335