NIST NTP servers

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Fri May 13 14:52:14 UTC 2016

Since we are on the subject, I would strongly recommend that you don't run
NTP on Linux 2.2.13, since its especially vulnerable to our IPv4
fragmentation attack.  "SunOS" also seems vulnerable, but I am not 100%
sure what systems that say they are "SunOS" actually are.  These OS will
fragment packets to 64 bytes, and are vulnerable to frag attacks using
"tiny" fragments.

See Section VI of our paper:
https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/1020.pdf

You can also test your OS here (scroll to the bottom).
http://www.cs.bu.edu/~goldbe/NTPattack.html

--
Sharon Goldberg
Computer Science, Boston University