NIST NTP servers

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Wed May 11 19:10:57 UTC 2016

No, many cell carriers run their own completely independent timing networks. I support some head-ends where they have rubidium clocks and a T1-delivered time source. They do reference GPS, and many cell sites have GPS as a backup clock (you can see their conical antennas on the very top of the tower). But most cellular providers are very protective of their time sources. They’re also typically clocking SONET networks too, which requires BITS.

 -mel