sub $500-750 CPE firewall for voip-centric application

Javier J javier at advancedmachines.us
Thu May 5 20:52:26 UTC 2016

I'm a fan of the EdgeRouterLite3

I don't manage many small businesses networks anymore because we now do
only 100% cloud and remote work but I started deploying them to all my old
clients I still have on retainer.

It is a wonderful solid set it, and forget it device and you can manage it
with ssh (it is basically running a fork of Vyatta under the hood on Cavium
hardware which is nice because it does lots of hardware offload like any
other enterprise device.)

I won't use pfsense anymore because it's project was taken over by a-holes,
but that is just my personal experience.

- Javier