sub $500-750 CPE firewall for voip-centric application

Matt Freitag mlfreita at mtu.edu
Thu May 5 19:09:43 UTC 2016

I'm a huge fan of Juniper's SRX line. I use all the features you point out
at home on my SRX210, although that product is end-of-life. A refurbished
SRX220 lists on Amazon for about $375, and a new one for $700. Naturally
support is extra, but I'm not sure how much.

I haven't used it myself but I have seen the packet capture in action.
It'll save any traffic you want right out to a pcap file too. I also like
"show security flow session" - shows you the source, destination, ports,
how long a session has been going, and number of packets and number of
bytes transferred.

Matt Freitag
Network Engineer I
Information Technology