BGP peering strategies for smaller routers

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Wed May 4 01:57:07 UTC 2016

I turned up a full ip4 feed on an RP1 today. Took approximately 5 minutes to fill the rib and probably another 5 minutes to push to the fib. The CLI responsiveness was noticeably slowed during this process, but the router didn't drop traffic. I'm guessing a second feed would involve fewer rib and fib changes and would converge faster.