ARIN down?

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Sat Mar 26 04:58:59 UTC 2016

 -mel

On Mar 25, 2016, at 9:51 PM, Daniel Corbe <dcorbe at hammerfiber.com<mailto:dcorbe at hammerfiber.com>> wrote:

On Mar 26, 2016, at 12:43 AM, Mel Beckman <mel at beckman.org<mailto:mel at beckman.org>> wrote:

I haven’t been able to connect to http://arin.net for several hours, but was able to open a ticket this morning. I’ve tried from several different networks, all roads seem to lead to the same place, with packets dropping at the NTT interface 129.250.196.154. e.g.:

I recall ARIN had a DDoS attack a week or so ago. Does anybody know if this is a recurrence?

-mel

An announcement went out on arin-announce yesterday (but you might not be able to follow the link if you can’t reach list.arin.net<http://list.arin.net/>):

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-announce/2016-March/001963.html

tl;dr: Massive DDoS.  Usual affair.  Welcome to the Internet.