Cogent - Google - HE Fun

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:06:56 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Dennis Bohn <bohn at adelphi.edu> wrote:
> So if someone (say an eyeball network) was putting out a RFQ for a gig say
> of upstream cxn and wanted to spec full reachability to the full V6 net,
> what would the wording for that spec look like?
> Would that get $provider's attention?

"We would like transit services to the full ipv4 and ipv6 addressable
space, we would like our prefixes to be advertised to the whole of the
above space as well."

then you'd by one (some) connection(s) from 'best option #1' and
one(some) connection(s) to 'next best option'.

I'm not sure 'rfq' is required here is it? you just call the caida
top-10/15 and roll based on cost/performance. There are notable
exceptions to network performance (routing performance?) but really
they are all the same now, yes?

perhaps you would be more concerned not with 'ipv6/v4 reachability'
than with how what your customers access (may access in the future) is
reachable from the providers in question? and potentially what knobs
the providers expose to you for bgp TE functionality?