CALEA Requirements

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Mar 14 20:57:56 UTC 2016

--- lorell at hathcock.org wrote:
From: "Lorell Hathcock" <lorell at hathcock.org>

Can someone point me to the current CALEA requirements?

As an ISP, should I be recording all internet traffic that passes my
routers?  Or do I only have to record when and if I receive a court order?

I'm not under any court order now, I just want to be sure that I am
compliant going forward in my capabilities.

This is something your company's lawyers should hash out.
That said, you shouldn't record anything unless forced to
do so.  It'll just make pervasive surveillance easier.

scott