Why the US Government has so many data centers

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 23:20:53 UTC 2016

On 3/13/16, Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016, Roland Dobbins wrote:
>> On 13 Mar 2016, at 3:03, George Herbert wrote:
>>
>>> It's a symptom of trying to save a few cents at the risk of dollars.
>>
>> Concur 100%.
>>
>> Not to mention the related security issues.
>
> Just remember, no exceptions, no waivers.
>
> I understand why cloud vendors want 100% of government IT dollars.  But
> requiring all test and development to be done solely in cloud data
> centers...  there is your 100%

Where does it say test/dev has to be done solely in a cloud data
center?  This bit
   For the purposes of this memorandum, rooms with at least one
server, providing
   services (whether in a production, test, stage, development, or any other
   environment), are considered data centers.
seems to be more about trying to close the self-reporting loophole -
ie 'these aren't the droids you're looking for.'   for example -
https://github.com/WhiteHouse/datacenters/issues/9

Lee