Internet Exchanges supporting jumbo frames?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Mar 9 21:19:46 UTC 2016

On 9 March 2016 at 22:28, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:
> iirc, we had problems with a bunch of ios based platforms.  It worked
> fine on junos / xr platforms.  I share your surprise that this could
> even have caused a problem, but it did.

This is very poor reason to kill it for everyone, 'I recall I may have
found platform where it maybe didn't work'.

Yet, it's super common go have L3Termination - L2Aggregation - Customer.

And sell various MTU options to customers, even use the L2Aggregation
as core between two L3Termination. All of these require per
logical-interface L3 MTU, while L2 MTU is usually set to max.
>From Cisco, I've done this at least on 720x, 7301, 7304 NPE/NSE, 7600,
6500, GSR, CRS-1, ASR1k, ASR9k, 2600, 3600, ASR9k, probably some
others too.

--
  ++ytti