Internet Exchanges supporting jumbo frames?

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Mar 9 18:59:45 UTC 2016

On 9 Mar 2016, at 18:29, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:
> It's not a novel idea, IXPs already do active polling, even ARP
> sponges. In a competitive market, hopefully customers will choose the
> IXP operator who knows how to ensure minimal pain for the customers.

There is a critical difference between these two situations. In the case of an arp sponge, the ixp operator has control of both the polling and the workaround. In the case of mtu management they would only have control of the polling, not the remediation. The point I was making is that an ixp operator can only control their own infrastructure. Once it's someone else's infrastructure, all you can do is make polite suggestions.

Nick