Internet Exchanges supporting jumbo frames?

Kurt Kraut listas at kurtkraut.net
Wed Mar 9 14:26:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to convince my local Internet Exchange location (and it is not
small, exceed 1 terabit per second on a daily basis) to adopt jumbo frames.
For IPv6 is is hassle free, Path MTU Discovery arranges the max MTU per
connection/destination.

For IPv4, it requires more planning. For instance, two datacenters tend to
exchange relevant traffic because customers  with disaster recovery in mind
(saving the same content in two different datacenters, two different
suppliers). In most cases, these datacenters are quite far from each other,
even in different countries. In this context, jumbo frames would allow max
speed even the latency is from a tipical international link.

Could anyone share with me Internet Exchanges you know that allow jumbo
frames (like https://www.gr-ix.gr/specs/ does) and how you notice benefit
from it?

Best regards,

Kurt Kraut