remote serial console (IP to Serial)

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:48:19 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Joe Hamelin <joe at nethead.com> wrote:
> This little guy has proven handy for me.
> http://www.amazon.com/iPocket232-RS232-to-Ethernet-Converter/dp/B00K309TKY

a number of interesting options exist, but...

1) this will get deployed into 'some third world sh*thole' (aka,
remote equinix facility 15+ minutes from your house)

2) someone has to maintain it long term (security patches,
functionality fixes, dual power supplies?, redundant network access?
gsm/cell/ethernet? )

3) an appliance might pay for itself if you don't want lots of hands-on effort

-chris