Juniper QFX5200-32C junos base services license and BGP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Mar 4 05:51:32 UTC 2016

On 3/Mar/16 22:38, Tony Wicks wrote:

> Um, you do realise that all the major vendors (including that well Known
> vendor) have people on this list ? Sending a question about taking advantage
> of said vendors light handed approach to licencing to this list is somewhat
> less than subtle ?

I think his use of the word "trick" is what triggered your firewall :-).

He could easily re-phrase the question as "Is there any risk with
running BGP on the QFX5200 with the license warning"?

Juniper already know that a lot of operators run their kit this way.
Their only recourse is to enforce license limits in software, and we are
seeing that with later releases + newer platforms.

Mark.