AWS Direct Connect - Peering VPCs to Tier 1's and MPLS

Bevan Slattery bevan at slattery.net.au
Wed Mar 2 09:13:48 UTC 2016

***disclaimer - info on subject from a shareholder*** :)

Yeah.  In addition to Equinix and a few others  Megaport is expanding pretty quickly in US at present.  30+ locations 7 US markets.  Worth a look if you are trying to get your Azure and AWS fix from a single provider via 100% SDN, API driven platform (also and other services such as AMS-IX peering).  Interesting differences such as a flat rate Virtual X-Connect regardless of speed and where the other end of the circuit is in the metro.  Day/month/year from 1mbps to 10gbps.  Been doing elastic interconnects since 2013.

https://www.megaport.com/services/megaport_enabled_locations

Well known in Asia but less so in US/NANOG hence the first and last public post about this.

Anyway, maybe worth a look.

Cheers