sFlow vs netFlow/IPFIX

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Mar 2 06:04:02 UTC 2016

On 1/Mar/16 17:18, Peter Phaal wrote:

> It also appears that Cisco's merchant silicon based switches have a
> greater variety of orchestration capabilities, Python, NX-API,
> Ansible, etc.

We were initially looking at at the Nexus 9000, but then moved to the
7700 because the Broadcom chip on the 7700 cannot do single flows larger
than 40Gbps on the 100Gbps ports.

As a general note, I'm having to avoid merchant silicon
left-right-and-centre. Every time I try to give them a chance, they
don't cut the mustard. When the next chip solves the last issue, I
discover it can't support another feature. The cycle repeats.

Mark.