AWS Direct Connect - Peering VPCs to Tier 1's and MPLS

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Wed Mar 2 00:59:12 UTC 2016

I haven't heard it from the horse's mouth, but I heard that the only way to have customers share an AWS DX (apparently) cross connect is through Equinix's cloud exchange service. Can anyone confirm that? It doesn't seem right that I could transport people to AWS all day long if they buy their own cross connect, but once we share, I have to go through someone offering a competitive service.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com