NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

Rick Astley jnanog at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 05:43:57 UTC 2016

I have to agree with Dan in that even if you disagreed with the talk you
have to agree that it probably spawned relevant discussion and reflection
(both on and off list). I would hate to see a move to ideas and discussions
that are chosen simply for offending the fewest people. Another sort of
similar critique aimed at large routing vendors was "Help! My big expensive
router is really expensive" at NANOG 60 in Atlanta. Perhaps the critiques
were seen as more constructive and I don't remember the same backlash after
the talk but I found both talks and various discussions that followed
insightful.