automated site to site vpn recommendations

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Wed Jun 29 23:00:14 UTC 2016

On 6/29/16 15:33, Eric Kuhnke wrote:
> My biggest issue with Meraki is the fundamentally flawed business model,
> biased in favor of vendor lock in and endlessly recurring payments to the
> equipment vendor rather than the ISP or enterprise end user.
>
> You should not have to pay a yearly subscription fee to keep your in-house
> 802.11(abgn/ac) wifi access points operating. The very idea that the
> equipment you purchased which worked flawlessly on day one will stop
> working not because it's broken, or obsolete, but because your
> *subscription* expired...

I'm sure most hardware makers would love to lock in a revenue stream of
"keep me working" subscriptions if they could get away with it. From the
company's perspective what's not to love about that kind of guaranteed
revenue?

I often wonder if Microsoft will someday make Office365 the only way to
get Office, which if you don't maintain a subscription your locally
installed copy of Word will cease to function.

~Seth