automated site to site vpn recommendations

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 22:33:10 UTC 2016

My biggest issue with Meraki is the fundamentally flawed business model,
biased in favor of vendor lock in and endlessly recurring payments to the
equipment vendor rather than the ISP or enterprise end user.

You should not have to pay a yearly subscription fee to keep your in-house
802.11(abgn/ac) wifi access points operating. The very idea that the
equipment you purchased which worked flawlessly on day one will stop
working not because it's broken, or obsolete, but because your
*subscription* expired...

If you want wifi with a centralized controller there's lots of ways to do
it at either L2 (Unifi APs and Unifi controller reachable on the same LAN
segment as the Unifis, or with its own management vlan), or with Unifi APs
programmed to find a controller by hostname/IP address (L3).