IX in Iran by TIC

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 01:16:46 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Shahab Vahabzadeh
<sh.vahabzadeh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
> I am here to announce that TIC in Iran launched Neutral Internet Exchange
> Points.
> Right now we have four in:
>
>    - Tehran (tehran-ix.ir)
>    - Shiraz (shiraz-ix.ir)
>    - Tabriz (tabriz-ix.ir)
>    - Mashhad (mashhad-ix.ir)
>
> Currently we have near 45Gbps traffic on it but it will increase to 100Gbps
> within two months. Content Providers activating their BGP peering with
> members one by one.
>
> Also I have something interesting for you around the world, TIC is
> launching a International IX in Chabahar called Chabahar IX (chabahar-ix.ir)
> which can be interesting for T1 ISPs or Content Providers like Akamai,
> Amazon, Google, Limelight, Cloudflare and etc.

Thanks, I'll get this to the right people internally (AKAMAI). In the
meantime, there are a number of peering groups on Facebook (global
peering forum, peering forum, peeringDB) that you may want to join to
discuss this as well.

Don't forget to register in peeringDB:

     https://www.peeringdb.com/search?q=IRAN

And finally, great pictures! http://www.tehran-ix.ir/fa/news/ixp-workshop