NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

Job Witteman job.witteman at ams-ix.net
Sun Jun 19 12:41:24 UTC 2016

> Op 17 jun. 2016, om 21:58 heeft Arnold Nipper <arnold at nipper.de> het volgende geschreven:
>
> On 17.06.2016 10:44, Fredrik Korsbäck wrote:
>
>> Last year i added 0 new IXPs, upgraded 0 IXPs, but i added over 30
>> new PNI's.
>>
>> If IXPs wants more of those bits, adjusting prices much more
>> aggresively is what can bring this back to their market, instead of
>> the datacenter-crossconnect market.
>>

> Did you ever think about *who* brought in all the networks you are able
> to peer with?

And did you ever think *how* successful IXP's brought in these huge amount of peers for you?

Let me give you a hint: social engineering, lots of beer, one-on-one options during peering forums around the globe where WE travel far beyond our national borders to make life easy for our prospect customers because, yes, more peers for the same or, even better, lower price is what all of our peers want...

> Seems to be really easy to bash IXPs. Seems to really hard to value what
> IXPs have done for the interconnection industry.

+ 1

> Arnold
> --
> Arnold Nipper
> email: arnold at nipper.de      phone: +49 6224 5593407 2
> mobile: +49 172 2650958      fax:   +49 6224 5593407 9

Job Witteman

job.witteman at ams-ix.net <mailto:job.witteman at ams-ix.net>
http://www.ams-ix.net <http://www.ams-ix.net/>