NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 03:41:22 UTC 2016

> On Jun 15, 2016, at 22:24, Ca By <cb.list6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, June 15, 2016, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:
>>
>>> On 6/15/16 4:03 PM, Bill Woodcock wrote:

[ clip ]

> I also like sfmix and fl-ix.

FL-IX is great. It created real competition in the American South and for the Americas peering. I kept my interconnections to VZ while we see what happens when Zayo needs to recover their costs for the panel they're using to drain NOTA. There will be a day of reckoning, free is never free.  Its a good hedge.

SFMIX is great. But poorly distributed. We should support their efforts, but how many IXPs do we need in the Bay area? AMS-IX Bay Area is creating a market along with SFMIX.

There is still copious amounts of traffic at VZ NOTA MIA. Two in a market works well IMHO.

Best,

-M<