Webmail / IMAPS software for end-user clients in 2016

Jim Lucas lists at cmsws.com
Sun Jun 12 17:53:56 UTC 2016

June 8 2016 6:08 PM, "Eric Kuhnke" <eric.kuhnke at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you had to put up a public facing webmail interface for people to use,
> and maintain it for the foreseeable future (5-6 years), what would you use?
>
> Roundcube?
> https://roundcube.net
>
> Rainloop?
> http://www.rainloop.net
>
> Something else?
>
> Requirements:
> Needs to be open souce and GPL, BSD or Apache licensed
>
> Email storage will be accessed via IMAP/TLS1.2
>
> Runs on a Debian based platform with apache2 or nginx
>
> Desktop browser CSS and mobile device CSS/HTML functionality on 4" to 7"
> size screens with Chrome and Safari

I work for an ISP, and recently we were faced with the same dilemma. We knew that our RoundCube was rather old and needed a facelift.  We started looking at new clients what I came across RainLoop.

IMO RoundCube still doesn't have a decent working mobile theme.

I went ahead and installed RainLoop on my personal server. Configuration was a breeze. The interface is very nice. And the mobile layout is very slick.

I did come across a problem with displaying emails and when I emailed their support email, they were very quick to respond.  And within 24 hors they were able to write a fix for my specific issue and build a new release for me to download and test.

I think that says something for their support team.

Even if my office doesn't adopt RainLoop,  I will continue using it on my personal server for the forsee able future.

--
Jim Lucas
C - 5414085189