intra-AS messaging for route leak prevention

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Sun Jun 12 05:45:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 10:50:17AM +0200, Job Snijders wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 08:48:11AM -0400, Joe Provo wrote:
[snip]
> > It is useful to note that AS_PATH if often also involved on egress
> > decisions.
>
> You say 'often', but I don't recognise that design pattern from my own
> experience. A weakness with the egress point (in context of route leak
> prevention)
[snip]

I wrote 'egress decisions'.  While Leo pointed out some additional
value, simple things like preventing private ASNs leaking (you
mustn't trust the vendor knob) fall in this bucket. The list of
potential things can be longer, but that's either microphone or
bar conversation this coming week. :-)

Cheers,

Joe

--
        RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / CotSG / Usenix / NANOG