Detecting Attacks

subashini hariharan suba.h17 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 05:39:08 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am Subashini, a graduate student. I am interested in doing my project in
Network Security. I have a doubt related to it.

The aim is to detect DoS/DDoS attacks using the application. I am going to
use ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibanna) for processing the logs (Log
Analytics).

My doubt is regarding how do we generate logs for detecting this attack? As
I am new to this process, I am not sure about it.

Also, if it is possible to do any other attacks similar to this, you can
please give a hint about it.

Could anyone please help with this, it would be a great help!!

--
Thank You.

With Regards,
H.Subashini