Netflix banning HE tunnels

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Wed Jun 8 19:44:50 UTC 2016

The content providers wouldn't care if it was a very small number of people evading their region restrictions, but it isn't a small number. Those avoiding it are already not in good faith. While I don't agree with the content providers business model, it's their content, their rules.

If you don't think it's right that Netflix is blocking VPNs and tunnels, then switch to Hulu and/or Amazon, however it's just matter of time before they start blocking VPNs and tunnels themselves.

I agree that matching Geolocation with source IP addresses is a bad idea, but until someone comes up with a better idea and gets it implemented ( one that can't be modified by the end user), people with a business model that depends on it will continue to block based on IP. "Good faith" will be laughed at, and rightly so.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff        | Fax:   914-694-5669