Bogon ASN Filter Policy

Michael Hare michael.hare at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 8 12:56:18 UTC 2016

I'm not against the theory of what is being proposed, but I was surprised to see little discussion of this announcement on list.

Upon examination on my view of the DFZ from AS3128 I see over 400 upstream routes falling into this category, mostly in the 64512 - 65534 range.  Based on our flow bandwidth stats we chose to reach out to several origin ASN, two fairly well known, as a courtesy.

For the *TT's who are planning on implementing shortly, have you went through a similar diagnostic effort and what might you share or report on such endeavors?

-Michael