Netflix banning HE tunnels

chris tknchris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 02:41:44 UTC 2016

it really feels alot like what net neutrality was supposed to avoid. making
a policy where there is different treatment of one set of bits over another

"your ipv6 bits are bad but if you turn it off the ipv4 bits are just fine"

someone mentioned the fact that netflix is not just a content company but
also acting as a network operator maybe the two should be separate

i also find it ironic that they arent big fans of ISPs who use NAT or CGN
and dont have 1 customer per IP yet their stifiling ipv6 and telling users
to turn it off. you really cant have it both ways and complain about NAT
and also say you recommend shutting off ipv6 :)

hopefully they will realize imposing their own policy on how customers use
their networks and the internet  this isnt worth losing customers over

chris